- PROMOTES EDUCATIN FORALL, now impacting 1.5 billion children, youth and adults
- Monitors World Heritage properties in 151 countries and intangible heritage in 130 countries
- Fosters sustainable development through 564 biosphere reserves in 109 countries
- Combats violations of press freedom and condemns harassment, imprisonment and killings of journalists
- Monitors some 2500 endangered languages and tracks some four million translated works in over 1000 languages.
- Leads 26 UN agencies in assessing freshwater resources leads 121 countries in developing Tsunami warning systems
- Runs the only global database on bioethics, environmental ethics, and science and technology ethics.
- Fights discrimination through sic regional coalitions of 4858 "Cities Against Racism."
- Promotes conservation of documentary heritage with items from 84 countries on the Memory of the World Register.
- Supports the efforts of 75 million teachers to provide quality education.
Monday, October 11, 2010
What Does UNESCO Do?
Every Day UNESCO