UNESCO’s International Geoscience Programme (IGCP) is running a photo contest on the theme of The Changing Face of the Earth, to raise awareness among youth of the state of the planet. There are several cameras and 40 book prizes to be won. Entries close on 30 June 2008.
Contestants may enter in either of the categories:
- 15-20 year olds and
- contestants aged 21 years and over.
Photos can be entered in any of ten categories:
- Soil – Earth's living skin, Planet Earth in our hands
- Groundwater – towards sustainable use
- Hazards – minimizing risk, maximizing awards
- Earth and health – building a safer environment
- Climate change – the ‘stone tape’
- Resource issues – towards sustainable use
- Megacities – going deeper, building safer
- Deep Earth – from crust to core
- Ocean – abyss of time
- Earth and life – the origins of diversity